Maintaining and Utilizing a Content Calendar
Do you find it difficult to be consistent when it comes to content marketing? A content calendar helps you fix it.
What is a content calendar?
A content calendar is a strategy to plan and collate future content. It helps set content publishing schedules. A well-planned content calendar helps content marketers to align their marketing efforts to achieve the set goals.
What should a content calendar include?
A content calendar includes the following elements:
- Topic with an assigned author
- Priority Order
- Dedicated writer, editor, publisher, and scheduler
- Platforms links where content needs to be posted
Integrate the above elements to design an actionable content calendar.
Why should you use a content calendar?
The main benefits of using a content calendar are:
- Organize content and notice content gaps
- Brainstorm to create new ideas based on audience engagement
- Gain a better perspective of your content marketing plan
- The main key to gain consistency
- Post relevant content to engage the readers
- Transparent way to make teams visible and refine content strategy·
Templates to create content calendars
- Google Sheet: A Google sheet is the ultimate tool to create a social media content calendar.
- Trello: Featuring a simple interface, Trello helps you make notes, add links and files.
How to make a content calendar work?
- Create relevant headlines to convince people to read your content
- Set realistic goals and obey deadlines
- Experiment with different content types such as ebooks, podcasts, short-form content, long-form content
- Track content using codes or labels such as in operation, completed, editing, and scheduled for posting
- Add CTA to encourage your audience to take the required action to boost conversions
Select the right tools and strategy for your content calendar to escalate your business goals.
More from Black Raven
Since social media and video platforms have made their way into everyone’s pockets, video has become an indispensable tool for businesses looking to effectively market
The holiday season presents a golden opportunity for businesses to connect with their audience in compelling and memorable ways. In this guide, we’ll emphasize why