Do you find it difficult to be consistent when it comes to content marketing? A content calendar helps you fix it.
What is a content calendar?
A content calendar is a strategy to plan and collate future content. It helps set content publishing schedules. A well-planned content calendar helps content marketers to align their marketing efforts to achieve the set goals.
What should a content calendar include?
A content calendar includes the following elements:
- Topic with an assigned author
- Priority Order
- Dedicated writer, editor, publisher, and scheduler
- Platforms links where content needs to be posted
Integrate the above elements to design an actionable content calendar.
Why should you use a content calendar?
The main benefits of using a content calendar are:
- Organize content and notice content gaps
- Brainstorm to create new ideas based on audience engagement
- Gain a better perspective of your content marketing plan
- The main key to gain consistency
- Post relevant content to engage the readers
- Transparent way to make teams visible and refine content strategy·
Templates to create content calendars
- Google Sheet: A Google sheet is the ultimate tool to create a social media content calendar.
- Trello: Featuring a simple interface, Trello helps you make notes, add links and files.
How to make a content calendar work?
- Create relevant headlines to convince people to read your content
- Set realistic goals and obey deadlines
- Experiment with different content types such as ebooks, podcasts, short-form content, long-form content
- Track content using codes or labels such as in operation, completed, editing, and scheduled for posting
- Add CTA to encourage your audience to take the required action to boost conversions
Select the right tools and strategy for your content calendar to escalate your business goals.