If you want your business to succeed, a functional website can be a powerful tool. What does it mean to have a functional website?
A functional website is one with perfect information architecture, and one that offers a seamless user experience. Some of the unique features of a functional website include:
- Quick page loading speeds
- Intuitive navigation
- High Visual Appeal
How can you create a functional website?
- Keep it simple: A simple and effective website design creates superior user experiences. Users don’t want to browse a complicated website. Focus on a minimalist design approach and serve high value to the users to grab their attention.
- Information-rich: Organize all the information on your website using appropriate headers and subheaders. Publish content relevant to your niche or business to ensure the website serves the purpose it is made for.
- Two-way communication: Your users must be able to communicate with your website. Consider utilizing chatbots – software that answers queries with human-like conversations. This way you can help your users when they have any complex questions or challenges.
- Consistent Visual Style: The visual style for your website should remain the same throughout. This means that you must have the same logo, fonts, colors, and other design elements across all web pages. If you use a blend of visual styles, it can create confusion.
Now that you know the essentials of a functional website, invest some time to design a high-performing website.