Airbnb, the American rental online marketplace company, is famous for its unique approach towards lodging. Instead of offering hotels, Airbnb offers people someone’s home for accommodation. This approach towards lodging helped Airbnb gain immense popularity.
Airbnb made more than $2.5 billion in revenue in the first nine months of this year. Is it only because of its distinctive concept? Let’s find out.
Airbnb is more than just a way to find and list places for accommodation. Airbnb provides a unique kind of hospitality, comfort, and a sense of belonging. This sentiment helped Airbnb start its social media campaign #OneLessStranger in 2015.
For them, #OneLessStranger was not just a campaign but a movement in which they truly believe.
The concept “a stranger is just a friend you haven’t met yet” is unique and has taken this company to a whole new level. This campaign not only lived but also got passed forward on Social media globally. Here is what we can learn from the #OneLessStranger campaign:
- Hashtags are super important: In this campaign, hashtag played a crucial role as it increased visibility for the campaign and helped them reach their target audience.
- Strong objectives: Having a powerful and emotional aim of creating a world with fewer strangers gained popularity and won the audience’s heart.
- Key features: The key features of this campaign were also influential. Social Media channels helped their hashtag become trendy and create a movement around the world.
- Time duration: The campaign lasted for three weeks, and in such a short span of time, they received over 3 million engagements.
- No ulterior motive: Airbnb started this just to spread the message and change the world. They had no ulterior reasons.
Airbnb’s #OneLessStranger Campaign was a massive success because it was started with a significant cause of making this world a better place to live.