An effective website design engages its visitors, gives them an incredible user experience, and compels them to take action. Various factors, such as image, color, and typography, play a crucial role in making a website design effective. If you want to provide the best user experience possible, you must accomplish the basic goals of web design.
Given below are core principles of a good website design:
- Website Purpose: You need to ask yourself what is your ‘why’ for your website. Firstly, have you created your website to educate people, to entertain them, or to sell your products? Secondly, what are your business goals for your website? You need to define your intent and purpose.
- Simplicity: Simplicity is key in communication. So, use a simple and minimalistic design to give a pleasing look to your website. You must ensure that the color, typography, and imagery you use will complement your website’s look.
- Navigation: Navigation is how visitors interact with the website and find what they are seeking. Keeping the navigation simple and consistent is necessary, or else your visitor will leave in frustration. Think about what sections of your audience will use the most and make navigation to those sections easy.
- Visual Hierarchy: Visual hierarchy is the arrangement of various design elements such as size, color, imagery, contrast, and typography in order of importance. A visual hierarchy guides the users to a place where the information is stored.
- Content: An effective website also includes excellent content. So, find topics your audience will connect with. Well-written content can attract visitors and convert them into paying customers.
These five design principles will make your website user-friendly, aesthetic, and engaging. Keep it simple, and make your website valuable for yourself and your audience.
For more website tips, read: SEO Mistakes New Websites Should Avoid