Are you looking for Instagram content ideas? Instagram regularly innovates with new types of posts. This social media platform features reels, stories, IGTV, carousels, and many more ways to share content. The reason business owners like you might feel overwhelmed on Instagram is because they don’t know what types of content to focus on.
If you are unsure about what to post, this blog may offer some ideas that spark your creativity!
Consider the Following Instagram Content Ideas
On any social media platform, audiences appreciate variety. So plan for a healthy variety of content based on what your audience is looking for. Here are the four major types of content that you can create for Instagram:
Image: Instagram is a visual platform and most people on Instagram enjoy people watching. Therefore, post beautiful imagery and showcase your business to grow your audience.
Stories: Instagram stories are a great way to connect with your audience on a deeper level. For example, you can share behind-the-scenes or random thoughts in your stories. Given below are a few types of stories that you can create:
- Quizzes: You can ask questions in the stories to keep your audience engaged.
- Polls: Questions presented as polls are easy for users to interact with. They will also entertain your audience and teach you more about them.
- Q and A: You can invite your audience to ask questions from you and share valuable answers in the stories.
- Behind the scenes: You can share a picture of your breakfast or a sneak peek of things you have been working on.
Carousel: Carousels on Instagram became popular last year because people love to swipe for more content. Consider using the AIDA principle to capture your audience’s attention through carousels. Many accounts include all 10 slides in a carousel, but that’s not required. You can make carousels of 4-5 slides if you want to keep things focused.
- Reel: Reels are the latest feature. Keeping in mind the decreasing attention span of users, Instagram introduced reels. You can create reels to entertain or educate people in short bursts.
- IGTV: IGTV videos are taking Instagram to the next level, and people are loving it. These allow for long-form content and you can upload videos of up to 10 minutes as IGTV videos. They also increase the likelihood of getting into the explore page.
- Guides: Guides are also an extra feature of Instagram. Through guides you can select a few posts from your feed that you think will be useful for your audience. It will save your audience’s time and will help them quickly learn about your brand.
- Highlights: The highlight section of Instagram is like a mini-website. This section can give your audience an overview of your business. You can divide your highlight section into 4-5 parts and talk about you, your values, your product, and services in the highlight section. Consider sharing your best stories in the highlight section.
You don’t need to create all types of content on Instagram. Sticking to two or three post types can work, but make sure to switch things up!